Soooo...As I'm trying to transition from ITALY BLOG! to regular AT-HOME BLOG (meh), I'm realizing that I don't really have a schtick. For example, Pioneer Woman has got the whole "Wife of a Cowboy" thing, and all I've got is...uhm...well, "Wife of a Teacher Who Lives in a Regular House in a Regular Town with No Livestock or Ranchers to Take Pictures Of."
I've been trying to think about the things that make me "Me," and so far I've come up with "I like TV." --I don't obsessively like it, mind you, so I can't really write extensively about the topic. I just kind of enjoy it when it's kind of enjoyable. --I do like to write. (But show me a blogger who doesn't.) I like cooking. (Again, pretty much par for the course in Blogger Land.) I also like traveling, but after our Italy trip, we won't be doing that again for many, many, many years because we are Brrrrrrr-oke.
So, I'm not really sure I have a legitimate reason to blog, to tell you the truth. Except, again, that pesky "Like to Write" thing. And also that most of my friends seem to live far away from me, so it's a good way to keep them updated on my fabulous life. (Hey...Do I stink or something? Why does everyboy keep moving?) And, finally, there's not much good for me to watch on TV these days, especially since we don't have cable. Pretty much the only thing on these days is the "Digital Channel Strength is Low" show. Perhaps you've seen it? --Yeah, it's not nearly as enjoyable as it sounds.
I did bake a pie today... Peach. Really more of a cobbler. But it has a lattice crust! Might this be something blog worthy? What if I were to take a picture of it?
Meh.
Regardless, I think I'll try to keep blogging anyway.
A little FUN FACT: I actually started up this blog, like, two years ago or something. I didn't actually go public with it, though. I named it "Far Fetched" because, even then, I thought it was pretty far fetched that I could keep a decent blog. And if it hadn't been for that pesky Italy trip, I would have been right. Pesky Italy Trips. Always ruining my plans.
Anyway...Bland, bland, bland.
I think that will be my schtick. Welcome to the Bland Blog.
My slogan: If I don't bore you to death, I will die tryin'.
I've been trying to think about the things that make me "Me," and so far I've come up with "I like TV." --I don't obsessively like it, mind you, so I can't really write extensively about the topic. I just kind of enjoy it when it's kind of enjoyable. --I do like to write. (But show me a blogger who doesn't.) I like cooking. (Again, pretty much par for the course in Blogger Land.) I also like traveling, but after our Italy trip, we won't be doing that again for many, many, many years because we are Brrrrrrr-oke.
So, I'm not really sure I have a legitimate reason to blog, to tell you the truth. Except, again, that pesky "Like to Write" thing. And also that most of my friends seem to live far away from me, so it's a good way to keep them updated on my fabulous life. (Hey...Do I stink or something? Why does everyboy keep moving?) And, finally, there's not much good for me to watch on TV these days, especially since we don't have cable. Pretty much the only thing on these days is the "Digital Channel Strength is Low" show. Perhaps you've seen it? --Yeah, it's not nearly as enjoyable as it sounds.
I did bake a pie today... Peach. Really more of a cobbler. But it has a lattice crust! Might this be something blog worthy? What if I were to take a picture of it?
Meh.
Regardless, I think I'll try to keep blogging anyway.
A little FUN FACT: I actually started up this blog, like, two years ago or something. I didn't actually go public with it, though. I named it "Far Fetched" because, even then, I thought it was pretty far fetched that I could keep a decent blog. And if it hadn't been for that pesky Italy trip, I would have been right. Pesky Italy Trips. Always ruining my plans.
Anyway...Bland, bland, bland.
I think that will be my schtick. Welcome to the Bland Blog.
My slogan: If I don't bore you to death, I will die tryin'.


7 comments:
Janet, janet, janet...
Your schtick is your humor.
DUH.
And your writing is so much better than pretty much any blogger.
I will be latching onto every syllable.
*Hilary
I love you, Hilary. I love you, I love you, I love you.
You can be the Seinfield of bloggers...a blog about nothing. But, for the record, you have some pretty cute kids to blog about, I know it's a typical mommy thing but you ARE a mom. I'd still like to see Henry's Toothfairy/Dollar to Euro conversion story and also the one where William discusses bad words with George. You've got LOTS of material=) Also I've been a very good babysitter of your pie pan and the dish you put the macaroni in (when Duff had his surgery and I could only eat carbs)...I will bring them back to their home soon.
I was all set to comment what Hilary said, but she beat me to it, so I'll take it a little bit further. Your schtick is your glass-half-empty-straight-from-the- hip-self-effacing-anti-Southern- Belle-no B.S. humor.
That's a beautiful pie.
What the hell happened to your cable?
I want to hear the tooth fairy and cussing stories.
Well I like your blog TONS more than that woman who calls herself pioneer woman- dont get me started. So I say I will keep checking in. And sorry(sheepish shrug with that) I never commented during Italy I loved it and was beyond jealous- esp. of the Butcher. Keep it up I think pies are in fact very interesting.
Awww.... :^)
Well, sheeeee-it...Now I *have* to keep blogging! --Thanks guys!
Keep blogging...I know begging is pathetic, but your Italy blog was the highlight of my boring Lexington summer! Also, I am in love with The Butcher!
Post a Comment