Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Tub Snacks
Big News: I made it past 3:30 without a nap.
It's now 5:30, and I'm slightly delirious, but I'm bound and determined to stay awake. I don't know why I picked today of all days to try to stay up--maybe it has something to do with that Starbucks coffee which I'm starting to suspect wasn't entirely decaf. Or maybe it's because I'm so over the first trimester sleepies and I just don't wanna take a nap.
Who knows? I do know that my nap life is a fairly boring topic, so I will now change the subject to something slightly less boring, but much more rednecky.
TUB SNACKS
What are tub snacks, you ask? Well, a tub snack is when you are desperate for a nice hot bubble bath, but crazy hungry as well.
Today, for instance, I was super craving Walmart-brand boxed macaroni & cheese--YET, after a long, hard day, I also reeeeeeally wanted a bubble bath. Both of these needs were so paramount in my mind that I simply couldn't choose between the two.
And so...I took my bowl of macaroni into the tub with me.
(Are you feeling kind of sick right now? Have I revealed too much?)
I don't even remember the last time I ate food in the bathtub, but pregnancy does strange things to a woman. And so that is why I found myself chin-deep in bubbles with a bowl of noodles and neon cheese-colored sauce. And, lest you judge me too harshly, let me just tell you that I ENJOYED IT.
In fact, my whole exhausting day pretty much just disappeared by the time I re-emerged from that tub, wrapped snugly in my robe with empty bowl in hand.
Hey--Fancy people on the TV are forever drinking champagne in their baths. So why not a little macaroni?
I'm just sayin.'
Tub Snacks.
Highly enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
ok so bear with me on this one- there is a small cartoon at the end of one of thomas train videos that deals with this! The kid in the cartoon basicly wants to eat mac and cheese in the tub but his g-ma only has a shower- SO his friends build him one so he can eat mac and cheese in the bath! Anyhooo ...
Hilarious! See? I'm not so strange. ;^)
this is hilarious AND disgusting.
Is this why you brought the Walmart mac and cheese to the tacky tshirt party?
Post a Comment