Saturday, June 26, 2010

One Year Later

Wow. What a difference a year makes...

This time last year, I do believe I was sitting on an airplane flying to Italy for six weeks. (Is that even possible?)

And while I wouldn't trade this summer of sitting around the house being hot and uncomfortable with a baby in my belly, it is kind of nice to think back to the glories of last year...


Oh, hello jeans that will never, ever, ever fit again.


Buon Giorno, pretty piazza that I walked through every day...

...and where my boys ate the most awesome dinners EVER.

...and my menfolk lingered picturesquely under olive trees...

...and my bambinos climbed atop old castles...

...and I drank an outrageous number of theeeeeese...


...and this, more often than not, was my lunch.

(sigh)

(sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh, SIGH...)

P.S. Hee. After going back and look at some of those Italian blog entries, I quickly remembered that my ability to complain about small things is not bound by pregnancy or hot South Carolina summers. Apparently, I can complain about anything, anywhere. It's my special gift. ;^)

No comments: