Friday, July 9, 2010

Notes on 39 weeks and 3 days

I officially feel like crap. Not just mildly crappy. Super crappy.

This is a brand-new level of feeling like crap.

I am nauseous. But with no puking. I ache all over like the flu, but no flu and no fever.

I spent about an hour today crying uncontrollably. Major, major breakdown. Not my normal self at all.

I am restless, but exhausted. I'm hungry, but there's no way on earth I'm going to eat anything.

Oh, and I have a headache. Just a regular headache, thank goodness. Not a migraine.

And everything absolutely smells. I smell the cardboard boxes from packing up our house. The pizza from the kids' dinner. Even Tylenol stinks.

If I were actually going into labor right now, this might all be worth it. But since I have never spontaneously gone into labor EVER, I strongly suspect this is just one more level of feeling like crap that will lead to nothing.

I do not like 39 weeks and 3 days.

No comments: