Monday, September 20, 2010
Ignorance
I was (finally) cleaning off the dining room table and all the papers that have piled up there since school started two weeks ago. I started to throw this away, but (like the good mom that I am) I decided to actually read it first. And then I decided to keep it.
Because it's funny.
(The following is an in-class assignment William did for his new fourth grade teacher.)
Directions: Choose a word from the abstract noun list. Look up the word so that you understand the meaning of the word. Then write a short story personifying your word.
Today, Ignorance jumped out of a 3rd story at a fancy hotel and fell on a sumo wrestler. Later that day Ignorance put dynamite in the ladies bathroom. Even later that day, Ignorance ran around in his underpants and a towel on his back. Ignorance is so stupid.
What a hilarious boy...I couldn't be more proud.
P.S. Oh, and then in Henry's pile, I found a picture he drew with a caption.
The caption reads: "My favorite thing is TV." The picture is of a big black box and next to it is a blue couch with a boy and a remote.
Henry, Henry, Henry...Less honesty, please, my dear. --TV can be your favorite thing, but you should saaaaay it's BOOKS. --Sheesh. I've got a lot to teach that child. ;^)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I think I knew that guy, Ignorance, in college.
hysterical.
Post a Comment