Monday, November 1, 2010

Breakfast Club


"Don't you...forget about me. Don't, don't, don't, don't...don't you....forget about me..."

No, not that Breakfast Club.

I'm talking about the Breakfast Club we hosted at our house this Saturday. And I'm here to tell you all about it.

We totally copied the idea from a family in South Carolina that hosted breakfast at their house for anybody and everybody they ever met. They'd send out an email to their entire address book, inviting friends and friends of friends. And they'd throw open their doors at the crack of dawn, sending forth the smells of coffee and bacon and freshly-made biscuits.

And we loved it.


More specifically, our kids really, really, REALLY loved it.

Henry, in particular, was smitten with Breakfast Club. We'd been going since he was a toddler, and he'd often talk about That Bacon Restaurant Where You Don't Have to Pay and ask when we'd be going again.

When we moved, he was quite distraught by leaving behind his beloved Breakfast Club. So, of course, we promised we'd start one when we got to Pennsylvania.

And, like the major nut-jobs we are, we did.

It was really fun.

Exhausting, but fun.

Here are some pictures:



Strawberry Jam and Amish Butter for Biscuits



Biscuit Mess



Coffeeeeeeee....



Oatmeal (aka, Grits for Yankees)



Our Little Neighbor, Laughing His Head Off



William and his 800th Biscuit of the Morning

You'll notice a lack of grownups in the pictures, but that's only because grownups don't like to have their pictures taken first thing in the morning. At least I don't. But children don't need coffee and makeup to look beautiful, so there you go.

We're tentatively planning to host another one of these in January. Wanna come?

1 comment:

Patty Hatch said...

I love it! And I'm stealing it for my new town! Maybe I'll do it here as an early open house, buy this place with the good breakfast food that smells like bacon...