Too nice...to blog.
It seems to me that winter lasted for about a hundred years here, and so forgive me if it took me a while to believe it's really over. I mean--for pete's sake--I kept our flannel sheets on the bed until two weeks ago. Just in case it got cold again.
But, nope! It's really summer. The sun is shining. The yard is green. The kids are wearing shorts (to school--you know, because even though I say "summer," that doesn't mean school is out or anything).
But, yeah, it's basically summer.
And I finally (kinda) believe it.
Thus, I'm kind of reluctant to spend much time at all indoors--which would explain the general lack of blogging. (And house-cleaning, but that's a whole nutha thing.)
Nonetheless, I will try to give you a few quick snapshots of what I've been up to lately:
Uhmm...
- Working in the yard! Our little garden(s) --yes! we have more than one!--are super pretty and lush and green. Of course, whether we manage to keep them alive through the whole summer and actually harvest anything remains to be seen...
- Painting my &%$#! dining room table, which was black before and is black now. Only now the cheap finish has been replaced by something hopefully a little more durable. It had gotten to the point that everything you put on the table would STICK. Drinking glasses, plates, papers...everything STUCK. Now, it's all better.
- Taking the kiddos to the pool. We have a loooovely town pool here (in fact, if you believe the sign, it is "One of the Most Beautiful Pools in Pennsylvania"), and it's relatively cheap to join, and so we joined, and now my mission in life is to get our full membership's worth. We go a lot.
- Making patriotic cupcakes... (well, I only did it the one time, but I'm so pleased with how they turned out that I have to brag a little!)
- Chattin' with my neighbor ladies. Always and forever. I do love them so.
- Getting geared up for our summer travel plans. Which I won't tell you about here because you probably just want to rob my house. But you better not. Or I'll getcha! (Scared? You should be. Because I'm super scary.)
- Changing diapers for Mr. Baby Man. He's super cute. Even if he is kinda stinky sometimes.
- Sewing aprons. (Whaaat?) Yeah. You read me correctly. I'm sewing aprons. And lots of 'em. Because me 'n the Better Halves have some entrepreneurial plans up our sleeves. (More on this later...and don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you anything.)
That's pretty much it, I suppose. My blogging brain is completely distracted by the lovely sunlight streaming through my window, so I'm going to wrap it up here.
I promise to write much, much longer blog entries (full of my trademark complaining, of course!) when I'm cold and miserable again this winter. I can pretty much guarantee it. Until then, I'll hit you with snippets and pictures of our summer as I get around to it.



No comments:
Post a Comment