Monday, October 18, 2010

The Menu


Before I forget the menu for this week, I'm going to jot it down here.
(I didn't bring pen and paper to my meeting of the Better Halves, and these days I have the memory of a flea.)
(Hmmm...that might not be very fair to fleas.)

Anywhoo...where was I?

Oh, yeah. The Menu.

Monday: Chicken Caesar Salad
Tuesday: Beef Enchiladas (ME!)
Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner! Pumpkin-Walnut Waffles and Sausage

One thing I've been meaning to write about is an unexpected perk of the dinner co-op.
(What? More perks? YES. More perks.)

And that perk is sympathy. Well, maybe it's actually empathy. I'm a little fuzzy on vocabulary words this morning.

What I mean is: once a week when it's my turn to cook dinner, I know there are three women on my block who feel sorry for me. Maybe not super, super sorry for me (after all, it's just cooking dinner), but kinda sorry for me. So, for instance, when we're all walking to pick up our kiddos from school, they might say something like, "Oooh, it's your turn to cook tonight, isn't it? Do you want to send your kids over to my house this afternoon?"

Or, as another example, two weeks ago when it was my turn to cook, I got a call at about 9 am from one of the Better Halves saying, "Hey, I'm running to the store. Is there anything you need me to pick up for you? I know what a pain it is when you're cooking and you find out you're out of something."

How nice is that?

Anyway. It's a perk.

And I like it.

Have I convinced you to start your own dinner co-ops yet? It's a pretty sweet deal.

No comments: